Turning on the 25th TIMTOS at mega-scale! Biz booms with record exhibition scale
Taipei, November 11, 2014: Taiwan’s flagship show TIMTOS (Taipei Int’l Machine Tool Show) is on the up-and-up as it consolidates its lead on JIMTOF (the Japan Int’l Machine Tool Fair) as Asia’s second largest machine-tool show. Taiwan’s flagship tool expo is project to smash a full slate of its own records by attracting a huge turnout of domestic and international buyers. Already 1,000 companies from 17 countries have signed on for TIMTOS to use 5,400 booths – a record number in this biennial exhibition’s history.
The 2015 TIMTOS is co-organized by TAITRA (Taiwan External Trade Development Council) and TAMI (Taiwan Association of Machinery Industry) and unfolds March 3rd to 8th. Its 100,000 sq. meter venue blankets every inch of space at the NANGANG Exhibition Hall, TWTC Halls 1 & 3, and – starting this year, at Yuanshan EXPO Dome.
Behind the growth of Taiwan’s machine tool industry is the nation’s agile industry cluster syndicate that easily allows producers to flex with the punches to alter production and even customize service for individual orders. Since they are easily able to quickly adapt to assemble parts, the industry’s flexible manufacturing clout and resilience has stood out by letting it for offer high tailored customer quality at reasonable prices for products favored by global buyers. And the industry is still growing with the total export value (from Jan. to Aug. 2014) of Taiwan’s machine tools reaching US$2.4 billion, a 5.2% increase on the same 2013 period.
In terms of taking Taiwan exports China ranks first, with an export value reaching US$824.1 million. Exports to emerging markets have achieved significant growth with exports to Turkey growing 19.3%, Malaysia 11.1% and Vietnam growing 17.8%, respectively.
To promote the exhibition, organizers have mobilized their 60 foreign trade offices to target buyers in Taiwan’s 25 largest machinery importing markets. As a result more than 7,000 foreign visitors will be at TIMTOS representing key importers in Turkey, Russia, India, Brazil, Mexico, the Philippines, Thailand, Myanmar, Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia. They will be joined at the show by a projected 46,000 domestic industry visitors.
Such constant work to improve the show has built TIMTOS into a prime platform for global buyers to source quality machine tools and offer a prime platform for exhibitors to expand into the global market.
Look who’s coming to TIMTOS 2015!
Taiwanese exhibitors include a full line-up of all-star manufacturers that include well-known makers like Hartford, Victor Taichung, Goodway, YCM, Tongtai, Quaser, AWEA, Cheavalier-Falcon, CHMER, Hiwin and Fair Friend. Foreign exhibitors are also setting records with 260 foreign manufacturers from 17 countries including Germany, Italy, Japan, Switzerland, Spain and the United States. Among these is the German Trade Office Taipei with its German Pavilion, a joint operation with the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) and the German Machine Tools Builders´ Association (VDW). AETATS (Association of Economy and Trade Across Taiwan Straits) will also organize China Pavilion that joins machine tool stars like Mazak, DMG Mori, Yasda, Jtekt, Sodick, Mitsubishi, Trumpf, Kuka, Fanuc, Siemens, Bosch, Citizen, Igus and Blum.
3 EXPO HIGH LIGHTS
- High-efficiency automated production
- Taiwan Controller Appliance Pavilion
- First ever expo of metal forming machines at the Yuanshan EXPO Dome at EXPO Park:
- High efficiency automated production picks up the expo’s theme to promote upgraded industrial manufacturing tech that cuts labor while boosting output through intelligent, automated production technology. This trend with the strong backing of Taiwan’s ICT industry opens a new blue ocean for the industry. For example the mechanical power press maker CHIN FONG can boost by almost a third its output of laser welded molding plates and sheets and the 64-year old FATEK (FEMCO Group) has developed two types of fully automated aluminum wheel production lines which greatly boost efficiency in processing aluminum wheels for large trucks and minivans.
- Taiwan Controller Appliance Pavilion exhibits Taiwan-inspired and made controller tool models that include high-level milling machines, CNC milling machines that underscore advanced tech performance. It features Taiwan controller manufacturers SYNTEC Technology, Delta and Advantech-LNC who showcase their latest results from R&D centers with industry and academia. This pavilion is hosted by the Precision Machinery Research and Development Center acting under a commission to the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
- First Expo of Metal Forming Machines at Yuanshan EXPO Dome features Taiwan’s high-quality, cost-effective machinery (with a grand Taiwan lantern exhibition nearby). Key exhibitors include SEYI, CHIN FONG and KUEN LIN.
Awards for Excellence in Research & Innovation
Spot your cutting edge tech among these Awards! For two years makers have gone all out to vie to win these awards that cover the four categories of machining, CNC lathe, numerical control machine tools and other key components of CNC machine tools. After all entries undergo three-month rigorous review the winners are awarded center-stage at TIMTOS 2015.
One-on-One Procurement Meetings
Most deals will likely be signed at the more than 200 One-on-One Procurement Meetings that are expected to generate business opportunities exceeding US$30 million.
Seminars, product launches & smartphone App tours
Greater depth comes with the more than 20 industry seminars and new product launches and smartphone App tour services that multiply the expo’s effectiveness and pleasure for visitors.
FREE shuttles and metro zip Buyers between Halls!
International buyers can freely zip between halls on inter-hall shuttle buses and obtain free MetroCards (int’l buyers only) to ride FREE the MRT RED and BLUE Lines that link venues at NANGANG, Halls 1&3 and Yuanshan EXPO Dome.
Venues & Exhibits: How the Show Unfolds
Hall 1: TWTC Exhibition Hall 1
Laser Punching Machines, Welding, Vibration Grinding, Surface Treatment Equipment, Tube & Wire Processing, Machine Tool Parts/ Accessory Tools, Controllers & Control Systems, Measuring, Measuring Instruments, Software, Design Engineering and Trade Media
Hall 2: EXPO Dome @ EXPO PARK (Yuanshan)
Metal Forming Machinery, Casting and Forging
Hall 3: TWTC Exhibition Hall 3
Metal Cutting Machine Tools, Metal Forming Machinery, Welding, Vibration Grinding, Surface Treatment Equipment, Tube & Wire Processing, Machine Tool Parts/Accessories, Tools, Measuring, Measuring Instruments, Software, Design Engineering, Hydraulic & Pneumatic Components and the China Pavilion
Hall 4: TWTC NANGANG Exhibition Hall
1F Ground Floor (NANGANG)：
Metal Cutting Machine Tools, International Associations
4F Sky Dome (NANGANG)：
Swiss Pavilion, German Pavilion, Metal Cutting Machine Tools, Industrial Robots, International Associations
For more details, click www.timtos.com.tw
Alex Pen, TAITRA
Tel: 02-2725-5200 ext 2615